Enter your start-up in the international Creative Business Cup competition and find out if it has the potential to be globally successful! You can win a trip to the international finals in Copenhagen, Denmark, where you will compete for primacy against creative firms from around the world. We are accepting registrations for the national round of the competition right now!
Are you active in the area of creative industries?
Are you innovative?
If you answered “yes” to these questions and you are based in the Czech Republic, then we’re looking just for you!
Who are we looking for?
The competition is intended for start-ups in creative industries such as design, electronics, software, computer games, 3D printers, fashion, architecture, advertising, film, photography, gastronomy, leisure activities, toys, music and audio-visual.
The jury will evaluate not only the creative solution of your product or service, but also your potential to stand up to international competition and become a globally successful company. You can find the rules of the competition and the evaluation method here.
What can you get from participating in the competition?
- opportunity to compete for a place at the Creative Business Cup global final in Copenhagen
- interaction with start-ups and investors from around the world
- facilitation of access to capital
- feedback from investors and experts in the field
- self-presentation at the global level and greater awareness of your company
In the global final, start-ups will compete for a financial award for the winner and many other prizes.
2020 competition schedule
From the registered start-ups, we will select the ten best, which will advance to the national final. During the event, the jury will select one start-up, which will represent itself and the Czech Republic at the Creative Business Cup international final in Copenhagen. The final of the national round will be held in the Czech language.
- receipt of registration forms: 11 November 2019 – 20 December 2019
- selection of finalists: second half of January 2020
- national final in Brno: 24 March 2020
- international final in Copenhagen: 29 June – 2 July 2020
Take inspiration from past editions
The first Czech national round of the Creative Business Cup competition took place in 2016. The winner was the start-up Nanits Universe, which offers a simple and effective digital tool for creating, publishing and selling original comics. In its own way, it brings comics to life, thus enhancing reading enjoyment.
- In 2018, the national round was won by the start-up miomove with its prototype of a smart shoe insole that helps users to walk and run better and, mainly, correctly. Sensors in the insole regularly monitor pressure, weight-distribution and impact data and send it to the associated application.
- SNUGGS holds the title of the best creative start-up of 2019. Established by Linda Šejdová and Tomáš Zahradník, the start-up produces waterproof, high-quality and environmentally friendly menstrual panties. The product dazzled the international jury to such a degree that Šejdová brought home the third-place prize from Copenhagen.
The Creative Business Cup Foundation is a non-profit organisation that is dedicated to supporting start-ups in the creative industries. Since 2012, it has been organising the annual Creative Business Cup competition, which has the purpose of supporting creative start-ups, connecting them with each other and assisting them in finding investors and conquering foreign markets. CzechInvest is the organiser of the Czech national round of the competition for the second year.
More information on CBC
CzechInvest helps start-ups grow
CzechInvest has long supported Czech entrepreneurs and has also been focusing on small technology companies and start-ups since 2010. Through CzechInvest’s programmes, start-up companies have better access to resources and opportunities, thanks to which they can be more successful. CzechInvest helps start-ups not only in the Czech Republic, but also opens doors for them abroad. The agency takes start-ups to global exhibitions and foreign accelerators, and puts them in front of investors from Tokyo to Silicon Valley. The Creative Business Cup is another activity by means of which CzechInvest supports Czech innovative companies on the path to global success.
More information on support for start-ups