The main tasks of CzechInvest’s office in Shanghai are to identify investors that are seeking to expand their business activities abroad and to provide consulting focused on foreign direct investment to Chinese and Southeast Asian investors with the emphasis on the Czech Republic as a perfect location for overseas expansion.
- Provision of comprehensive information about the business environment in the Czech Republic and specific sectors
- Assistance with identifying JV and M&A targets based on investors’ specifications
- Mediation of contact between investors and Czech universities and technology centres
- Identification of potential suppliers and subcontractors
The Czech Republic prides itself on having a highly developed industrial base. The country’s main sectors include automotive, industrial machinery and equipment, electronics and electrical engineering. The extensive knowledge and high quality of Czech research centres and universities have contributed significantly to strong growth in high-tech industries. Besides high-tech industry, Czech universities are globally known for their outstanding work in life sciences, nanotechnology and aerospace. Having recognised the potential and capability present in the country, many manufacturers have also decided to establish and operate research and development centres in the Czech Republic.
Reasons to invest in the Czech Republic
- strategic location in the middle of Europe with business partners in easy reach
- high quality of production for lower costs compared to wage levels in the D-A-CH region
- established R&D centres with standard matching those of the best European R&D facilities
- skilled and well-educated workforce
- one of the most advanced transport networks in the CEE region
- industrial specialisation corresponding to that of D-A-CH economies – advanced engineering, automotive industry, life sciences, ICT, cleantech and energy, electrical engineering and electronics
- favourable investment incentives
83 Loushanguan Rd, Hongqiao Bridge, Changning District, Shanghai, China