Information for visa applicants
Foreigners entering the Czech Republic from the countries that are not listed as low risk of COVID-19 contagion (or stayed in those countries more than 12 hours in past 14 days) must fill in online Public Health Passenger Locator Form. Proof of registration will be requested upon entry.
These Foreigners shall undergo PCR test within 5 days after arrival, limit movement and waer respiratory protective equipment for 10 days. This duty does not apply to children under 5 years of age.
Information on resumed visa agenda:
Work permits which expired after March 12, 2020 remain valid until November 11, 2020 as long as the employment contract is extended for the same period of time. This applies to holders of following visa types:
- Short term schengen visa for purpose of work
- Short term visa for purpose of seasonal employment
- Long term visa for purpose of seasonal employment
- Special work visa
List of countries according to the level of Covid – 19 risk
Foreigners entering from “red zone country” (not listed as low risk country):
- must present document against introduction of infectious disease up on collecting the visa at the embassy.
- contact a regional hygiene station according to place of stay after the entry
- undergo a PCR test in the Czech territory and to submit the test result to the regional hygiene station within 5 days from the entry or a necessary quarantine measure shall be ordered
- for 10 days after arrival must wear respiratory protective equipment and is subject to restriction of free movement
- until negative PCR test result must not enter workplace
Obligatory submission of document against introduction of infectious disease upon application submission
Applicants for Schengen visas and long-term visas and residence permits for purposes of economic and education activities are obliged to submit, upon lodging the application document on fulfilling requirements against introduction of infectious disease.
The document is to be issued by the receiving entity in the Czech Republic, i.e. employer or school (university).
Entry with short term Schengen visa:
Entry allowed only with Schengen visa issued by the Czech Republic after May 11, 2020.
Simplified change of Employer for Employee card and Blue card holders if the new employer performs or helps with covid-19 crisis measures during state of emergency. In such cases the Notification on change of employer must be submitted on the day of change at the latest and such change of employer is effective immediately.
- For the period of state of emergency, it is allowed to change the employer even within the first 6 months of employment in the Czech Republic.
Document against introduction of infectious disease:
- sworn statement to be submitted on entry to Ministry of Interior Dept. For Asylum and Migration Policy (for registration and biometrics)
- Please see the document here. (doc, 69 kB)
In case of further visa related queries please contact us at: AFCfirstname.lastname@example.org