CzechInvest in London
CzechInvest office in London is a main contact point for current and future investors from the United Kingdom and Ireland. The local office provides all information a potential investor may need to consider the Czech Republic a suitable investment location.
- Full business intelligence assistance
- Tailored visits to the Czech Republic
- Identification of business properties and suitable sites
- Access to financial support programmes, e.g. investment incentives
- Identification of potential business and R&D partners, suppliers and acquisition targets
- Referrals to professional associations
CzechInvest opened its first foreign office in London. Today, the office is located at the Embassy of the Czech Republic in Kensington. During its time in operation, the office has generated investment projects worth nearly CZK 24 billion and has contributed to the creation of more than 11,000 jobs in the Czech Republic. The sectors in which British investors are most active include shared services, IT and software development, the automotive industry, engineering, high-tech manufacturing and environmental technologies.
The most frequently cited reasons that companies investing in the Czech Republic mention include:
- strategic location in the middle of Europe with business partners in easy reach
- skilled and well-educated workforce at a fraction of the cost found in Britain
- arguably the best infrastructure in Central and Eastern Europe
- vibrant tech environment generating international success stories
The United Kingdom is currently the world's fifth-largest economy (in terms of nominal GDP) and the second-largest European economy. For the Czech Republic, the United Kingdom is the eleventh-largest source of foreign direct investment. The good trade relations between these two countries are supported by the fact that, since 1990, British companies have invested more than EUR 2.8 billion in the Czech Republic. According to a 2015 report issued by the Department for International Trade of the United Kingdom, more than 300 British companies currently operate in the Czech Republic, including major international companies such as BAE Systems, Marks & Spencer and Allen & Overy, which have chosen the Czech Republic as the location for their Central European headquarters. British companies in the Czech Republic employ approximately 65,000 people.
Success stories of British Investors
Success stories of Irish Investors
Embassy of the Czech Republic
30 Kensington Palace Gardens
London W8 4QY