Startup Europe is an initiative of the European Commission, which falls under its priority of the ‘Digital Single Market’.
The main objectives of Startup Europe are to:
- Connect people such as startups, investors, accelerators, female entrepreneurs, corporate networks, universities and #EUTechWriters through our array of networks.
- The Startup Europe Map, a map which connects all startup players in the European ecosystems, is part of this.
- Connect local startup ecosystems by supporting regional initiatives such as Startup Europe Week or Startup Europe Regions Network.
- Help startups soft-land in other markets such as Silicon Valley (for example SEC2SV: Startup Europe Comes to Silicon Valley initiative), India (for example the Startup Europe India Summit), Africa (Startup Europe Comes to Africa initiative, coming soon) and The United Arab Emirates (coming soon).
- Celebrate entrepreneurs’ success (Techallstars, Europioneeers and StartUp Europe Awards).
What are Startup Europe Ambassadors?
Throughout the years, Startup Europe (SE) has been a collective effort of hundreds of stakeholders, movers and doers in tech and startup field. The impact of this initiative could not have been possible without the immense support provided by this community.
The community that is currently taking part in the growth of Startup Europe as a bottom-up movement have been invited to be Startup Europe Ambassadors.
Startup Europe Ambassadors represent a group of key influencers in the European startup ecosystems who actively support Startup Europe activities.
With this movement we will democratise the access to Startup Europe, by making it open to our partners with the goal of offering them the power of improving the initiative.
What do Ambassadors do?
- Actively contribute to the visibility of Startup Europe by acting as a key information point in their countries about Startup Europe activities or by connecting the Startup Europe team with relevant stakeholders from their local startup field;
- Gather feedback and provide innovative insight to the European Commission’s Startup Europe team with the objective of improving the activities of this initiative.
Action Plan to Make Europe the new Global Powerhouse for Startups
Contact to Czech Startup Europe Ambassador