The Czech Republic is one of Europe’s top locations for ICT investments. This fact is confirmed by the strong inflow of high value-added projects of the world’s top ICT companies and is fuelled by the country’s tradition of excellence in technical fields. The list of successful investors in the country includes Microsoft, Skype, Tieto, Red Hat, SolarWinds, IBM, Cisco, Oracle, H2O.ai, MSD IT and many more.
Besides foreign investors, there are many ICT companies with Czech origins that are renowned worldwide for their products, such as Avast, GoodData, Y Soft, Seznam.cz, Socialbakers and STRV, to name just a few. The Czech Republic is also home to several noteworthy research centers that have achieved many outstanding results and awards in the field of information and communication technologies (Artificial Intelligence Center, Czech Institute of Informatics, Robotics and Cybernetics, IT4Innovations, Research Center for Informatics, National Cyber Security Center). Every year, Czech universities produce almost 6,000 creative, innovative and skilled graduates from ICT study programs.
Thanks to investments in infrastructure, Czech regions other than just Prague are gaining attractiveness, especially in the ICT sector. Brno, the second largest city in the Czech Republic, is considered to be the Czech IT hub, where companies’ needs are fulfilled by qualified professionals, R&D facilities and institutions, and advanced ICT infrastructure. Ostrava has been gaining importance in recent years and is on the path to greater international recognition thanks to projects such as IT4Innovations.
Reasons to Invest
- Well-developed IT infrastructure, robust fiber-optic network
- 27,300 students and 5,800 graduates in IT study programs (school year 2018/2019)
- Growing presence of leading IT companies such as Red Hat, Cisco, Microsoft, Skype, CA Technologies, Oracle, IBM
- World-renowned Czech companies: Avast, GoodData, Y Soft, Socialbakers, STRV, Flowmon Networks, Kiwi.com
- Developed startup ecosystem (incubators, accelerators, co-working spaces, startup events)
- Prg.ai - world class AI super hub
- #1 country in National Cyber Security Index
- Governmental support